Tuesday 8 January 2013

Presto! It's Pesto!!

First of all, I have to say my husband would like to take credit for the title of this blog post! Haha!

I got a food processor for Christmas which I was VERY excited about. So I promptly whipped up this easy pesto recipe! I swapped out the traditional pine nuts for hazelnuts (I was feeling Christmassy) and it turned out great! You can use any type of nut you like though.


2 cups of fresh basil leaves (packed)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup hazelnuts
3 tsp minced garlic
salt and pepper

|*If you're using a larger nut like I did with the hazelnuts, you'll want to put the nuts in first and pulse a few times to get them into a bit smaller pieces before adding in your basil leaves.

Start by combining the nuts and basil leaves in the food processor and pulse a few times. Add in the garlic and pulse again.

Run the food processor on low, while slowly adding in the olive oil in a constant stream. Add in the parmesan cheese and pulse until blended. Add in a bit of salt and pepper for taste, pulse a few times more and ta-da! You are done!!!

Coat a pasta noodle of your choice with your pesto or add it to pizza or chicken or bread, etc. Get creative and enjoy!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment