Wednesday 23 January 2013

Pesto Chicken with Tomato and Mozza

I was looking for things to do with the recent pesto recipe I made and I got an idea from this recipe on Skinnytaste. I like to cook healthy, but I also prefer breaded chicken over unbreaded, so I  whipped up my own version! Turned out great!



2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup pesto
2/3 cup shredded mozza cheese
4 slices of tomato
2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
sprinkle of oregano
1 egg, well beaten

Preheat the oven to 400 F.

Mix together the panko breadcrumbs, parm cheese, salt, pepper and oregano in a shallow dish.

Coat the chicken breast in egg and dip in the panko breadcrumb mixture coating well on all sides. Lay on baking sheet.

Bake chicken for about 30 - 35 minutes or until no longer pink inside.

Take chicken out of the oven, quickly drop 2 tbsp of pesto on each chicken breast, top with 2 slices of tomato and 1/3 cup shredded mozza. Then pop back into the oven for another 5 minutes.

Easy as that!!! Serve up alongside your favorite veggies or pasta.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment