Sunday 4 December 2011

Peanut Butter Blossoms with Caramel Kisses

So it's that time of year again... my absolute favorite time of the year.. Christmas!!!!! I am loving the snow, the lights, the decorations, Christmas music, and the cheerful atmosphere. I love every single thing about Christmas and I look forward to it all year.

One of my other favorite things about Christmas is of course Christmas baking!! One of my fave recipes are these peanut butter blossom cookies, I've been making them for years and they're absolutely delish!! You can use any type of Hershey's kiss that you like, but I always like to use caramel kisses.. adds a little extra something when you bite into them!

The dough for these can be made a day in advance and kept in the fridge over night, I usually do that. And once they're baked they freeze well too if you want to make them ahead of time. I tend to make all my baking a few weeks in advance and then freeze it until our annual Christmas party.



1 cup butter (or margarine)
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup white granulated sugar (for coating)
Approx. 55 Caramel Hersey's Kisses

In a large bowl cream the butter, add in the peanut butter and sugars and beat until fluffly (approx. 2 mins). Add in the egg and vanilla and combine well, then add in the milk and mix until it's completely creamed into the mixture.

In a seperate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add it to the peanut butter in a couple off additions until well combined.

Cover the dough and chill in the fridge for an hour or so (or you can make ahead of time and put it in the fridge overnight to save time).

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and coat in the white granulated sugar and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.

Bake for 8 - 10 mins or until lightly browned. Immediately after removing them from the oven press one Hersey's Kiss to the center of each cookie.

Let cool completely.

Enjoy!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment