Saturday 8 October 2011

Super Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Again with the pumpkin (I know, I know.. I just love it so much!). I tried some store bought pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last year and they were really good, so I figured I'd give them a try myself.

They turned out great, nice and soft and almost cakey.. they were delicious.



1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 corn syrup
1 large egg
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375 F.

Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add in the corn syrup and egg, beat together, then mix in the pumpkin puree.

In another bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and pumpkin pie spice. Slowly add the dry mixture into the pumpkin mixture. Once combined, add in milk and mix that in well.

And now the most important part... add in those yummy chocolate chips and mix them in so they're distributed all throughout your delicious pumpkin dough.

Drop rounded (I did very large rounded) teaspoons of dough onto your cookie sheet (about an inch or two apart).

Bake for 11 minutes. Once they're done, allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.

Enjoy!!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment