Saturday 8 October 2011

Peach Cobbler

My summer addiction for the last couple years has been white flesh peaches. I don't like normal peaches, but I LOVE white flesh peaches. The skin texture's a bit different, the flesh is much sweeter and they're SO much juicer. They're just fantastic!

Anyways, I remember as a kid my mom had made peach cobbler a few times and I just loved it. So what to do with all the extra white flesh peaches I had?? Peach cobbler of course!!

We took it over to a friends Suzy and Carl's for dinner and Carl actually uttered the words "This is something else" and according to Suzy he has mentioned it again a few times since! It was just as good as I remembered when my Mom made it, but even better because it was with white flesh peaches. And nice thing is, it's super easy to make!

Serve it up warm with ice cream = deeeelish!!


1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tbsp baking powder
6 to 8 peaches
1/4 cup brown sugar

Pre-heat oven to 350 F and grease 9 x 13 inch pan.

Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.

Add in the dry ingredients and blend together (don't over mix).

Slice up the peaches, put the pieces into a bowl and sprinkle brown sugar and a little bit of flour (about a tbsp of flour - this prevents the peaches from sinking too much) overtop of them. mix up until peaches are coated.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and then drop the peach mixture over the batter evenly (DO NOT mix peaches into the batter, just let them sit on top).

Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes (or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).

Enjoy!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment