Friday 6 May 2011

Turkey Strawberry & Brie Sandwich

There's a restaurant near my work that I sometimes go to for lunch with friends and co-workers, and every time I'm there I always get the same thing - the Turkey, Strawberry & Brie Sandwhich.. it's so delicious. I would never have thought about putting neither brie, nor strawberries on a sandwich, but this combination of yummy ingredients is delicious!

So I figured I'd try it out myself at home one day and see how it turned out.. and I must say it was pretty darn good! My husband is allergic to raw berries and wasn't able to enjoy it with me.. but I'd say I enjoyed it enough for the both of us!! Next time I'll slice my tomato a bit thinner, but nothing wrong with a little extra veggies right?!

Sorry the picture is a bit crappy.. I was too excited to eat it! lol!



This recipe makes 1 sandwich.

2 pieces of low fat (fresh) bread
1 tbsp butter (for bread)
2 thin slices of tomato
1 large lettuce leaf
a few slices of turkey breast
1 thin slice of brie (cut width wise so it's still a circle.. not a triangle slice)
1/3 cup of strawberries (sliced thin)
1 tbsp low fat mayo

I started by putting a small frying pan over low heat, and I placed the buttered sides of the bread buttered side down in the pan and left it for about 1 minute to give it that nice "grilled cheese" feeling.

Then I just assembled my sandwich by: smearing the mayo on the bread (the non-buttered side of course), adding the lettuce, tomato and turkey breast. Then I added the strawberries on top and the brie.

It's such a simple quick and delish sandwhich to make!! It took under 5 minutes!! And it's pretty healthy for you, the only things that aren't great on it is the bread of course, and the brie.. but everything in moderation right! ;)

Enjoy!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment