Monday 9 May 2011

Dijon Chicken and Portobellos

I love the 550 calorie or less menu from Applebee's because it's very Weight Watcher friendly.. and my fave 550 calorie or less meal is the Dijon Chicken and Portobellos. So I decided to see if I could make it myself at home.. and it was a success!!

I used a frozen chicken breast for this and I often find that cooking these from frozen make for a really juicy chicken breast (sometimes fresh chicken breasts can get a bit dry).



This will make 4 servings of 1 chicken breast each.

4 frozen chicken breasts
1/2 cup honey dijon + 4 tbsp
2 medium sized portobello mushrooms (stem removed and sliced into strips)
1/4 cup mozza cheese

Preheat the oven to 400 F.

Brush 1 tbsp of honey dijon onto the top of each of the frozen chicken breasts. Place in the oven for approximately 30 - 35 minutes.

Meanwhile, spray your mushrooms with pam (you can use butter if you don't prefer the lighter option like I do) and saute them over medium-high heat in a frying pan for about 5 minutes moving around and flipping occasionally. Once they have softened and browned up a bit, add the 1/2 cup of honey dijon, remove from heat and mix well.

When the chicken breasts are about 10 minutes from being done, open the oven and carefully lay the mushroom/dijon mixture over each of the chicken breasts equally. Then top with 1 tbsp of cheese on each breast and bake for the remaining 10 minutes.

Serve alongside your favorite veggies.

Enjoy!!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment