Sunday 3 April 2011

Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes

I like to have sweet potatoes as a side with my meals during the week every now and then. They are really low in fat, and very good for you. I follow Weight Watchers during the week (and have my cheat days on the weekend) so I am always looking for low point foods during the week and this is perfect to have alongside chicken, beef or really any protein and they're really delicious.


Pam cooking spray
1 medium sweet potato (yam)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. sea salt

Cut a medium sized sweet potato into about 1 to 2 inch chunks

Put the cut up sweet potato into a medium sized bowl and spray generously with cooking spray so that they are evenly coated. Toss them with the brown sugar and sea salt.

Pour over a non-stick cookie sheet and bake in the oven for approximately 20 - 25 minutes at 400 F.

When you pull them out of the oven, salt them a little bit more and serve alongside your main dish.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment