Friday 29 April 2011

Mini Carrot Cakes with Cream Cheese Icing

I made some mini carrot cakes last weekend for Easter (I made a lot last weekend.. lol). They turned out really delicious!! I liked them so much I wanted to make another batch, but I luckly I restrained myself and didn't make more!!



Cake
1 cup oil
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp all spice
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups grated carrots

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Mix the oil, sugar and eggs together, once they're mixed, add in the dry ingredients and mix well.

Pour into your mini loaf pan to make mini sized cakes, or you can pour it into a well greased 9 x 13 pan, or 2 round cake pans - whatever you prefer.

Bake in the oven for about 35 - 40 mins (if doing mini loaf cakes). If you're doing it in a cake pan bake for about 50 - 60 mins or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Cream Cheese Icing
Two (8 oz.) pkgs light cream cheese (at room temperature)
3 cups icing sugar
1 tbsp vanilla

Mix together the cream cheese and icing sugar until well blended, then add in the vanilla and mix again until that's blended in.

Ice your cakes once they've cooled and have been removed from the pan.

Enjoy!!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment