Wednesday 13 April 2011

Grasshopper Pie

This is a dessert my Mom made a few times when I was younger that I always loved!! So I got this recipe from her and it may be dangerous for me to have it... I can't get enough!!

Oreo cookie crust, marshmallow and a bit of booze... mmm mmm mmm



This recipe makes TWO pies, so you may want to cut the ingredients in half if you only want to make one. I feel like one just isn't enough ;)

Approx. 8 cups mini marshmallows (I used about half of a REALLY jumbo bag)
3/4 cup milk
1 large tub of light cool whip (thawed)
2 1/2 cups oreo cookie crumbs (baking crumbs - not crushed oreo cookies)
1/2 cup melted butter
6 tbsp creme de mint (I filled a 1/4 cup and then a half of a 1/4 cup)
6 tbsp creme de cocoa (I filled a 1/4 cup and then half of a 1/4 cup)

Melt the marshmallows in either a pot on the stove or in the microwave. Make sure they are all completely melted together. Add the milk, combine well and let chill in the fridge.

While the mixture is cooling, make your oreo crust by adding the melted butter to the oreo crumb mixture and mix it really well, make sure the cookie crumbs are completely coated. Press into your pie plates and form your crusts. (Reserve a couple tablespoons of the oreo crumbs) Put in the fridge to chill for a few minutes.

Once your marshmallow/milk mixture has cooled, fold in the cool whip. Add the creme de mint and creme de cocoa and mix well.

Pour into the pie crusts and sprinkle the reserved oreo crumbs overtop.

Chill in the fridge for about an hour.

Enjoy!!!!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment